Remote — 4+ Years Experience
Variance is a SaaS company helping companies drive more growth with their customers. We do that by hooking into and processing large amounts of customer data and presenting that to non-technical users in an easy to consume format.
As a founding member of our engineering team, you will have a lot of opportunities to build the foundation of our platform, and influence decision-making alongside our engineer leads and founders. You will get to work with a modern tech stack with React, Python, and GraphQL to build out a next-generation SaaS platform. Additionally, there will be opportunities to grow as an engineering leader as the company scales through direct and active mentoring with experienced leaders.
A great candidate would…
- Be comfortable shouldering a large amount of programming across the back-end stack: Building APIs and services for data-processing and rules-based decision making
- Have an opinion on the best way to architect a large Python application that balances short-term time-to-market with long-term maintainability concerns.
- Want to work with a small team directly with the founders on building a product and a company.
- 4+ years of back-end engineering experience building reliable, scalable, secure, and performant API platforms
- Worked on at least one previous in-production Python application
- Working with a cloud-based deployment environment such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Early-stage experience working on a small team, iterating on a product that is responsive to user prototyping and feedback from early customers.
- Understanding of how to work with client-side engineers working with multiple user interfaces
- Working with GraphQL backend APIs
- Previous experience with building B2B SaaS software (bonus: if that experience includes streaming data)
- Experience with the latest Python 3 features, including type hints and asyncio