The Biggest challenge to your Documentation:
- No one reads it when you first share it
- No one can find it when they need it later
- It’s out of date as soon as you ship it
- It sits in a whole other system, outside the context where your team actually needs it
- It’s painful to create
We believe documentation has to change:
- Documentation is a passive format, software adoption is ongoing and active.
- Documentation that doesn’t exist within the application and workflow the user needs it might as well not exist. No one should ever have to go hunting for how to do something.
- Documentation doesn’t have to be painful to create. Why write if it is better to create a video? Documentation should use all media formats like video and GIFs and it should also be able to interact with the pages it is on to guide users
- Documentation should never be out of date
- Documentation should be easy enough to create that more people can document and add context to their organization
We dont believe in documentation, we believe in giving the user what they need, when they need it most.
This will lead to software adoption.
This will lead to business transformation.
This will lead to people mastering their tools.