It's that time again. Let's dive in.
One of our main goals of Variance is to build a product that everyone who touches customers can use to help drive growth. To do that means finding ways to make it as easy as possible to interact with what can be a daunting amount of data. This is why everything in the system is built around Following and why we continue to seek out more ways to make things easier for our users.
This new Tags feature was born directly out of that principle. In watching customers onboard it became clear that there are usually a few folks with a good grasp of the shape of the customer data and many others on the Growth side who just want to know what's important from their accounts/territory. Tags make it easy to achieve that by giving Growth Operators a way to group together high-value, high-intent, or any other type of event types and make them available as Tags, which can be Folllowed just like all other things in Variance.
Here are a few use cases we laid out in our Docs:
- High-Value Events: These are the most important events you want to track.
- $$$ Events: These are visits to your pricing page, billing modal, etc.
- Sign-Ups: This is an easy one, group any sign-up/account create events together to give your whole team/company visibility.
- Integration Events: Many SaaS products have integration capabilities and this is often a crucial part of ensuring success. It's nice to have these grouped together.
Of course, you can also use Tags on Accounts and Event Types. For instance:
- Key Accounts: Top Accounts for the company
- Advocates: A set of Contacts that are advocates
As always, if you have any questions about Tags or want to get started with Variance, please reach out.
A few other small updates:
- Updated search styling to make it more obvious and better support Tag search
- Updated error styling
- Include `createdAt` in the list of known traits on Contacts
The right signals for growth
Get to know Variance
We believe the best way to learn about a product is to read the documentation. Have a look around.Explore our Docs